(The entry is for sponsorship only and does not include admission to the dinner)
NEC ANNUAL DINNER SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
The National Economists Club (NEC) is welcoming sponsors for this year's very special Annual Dinner, co-hosted by the Embassy of Canada (501 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20001), the evening of Monday, December 17. Those who contribute prior to close of business on November 30 will be listed in the printed dinner program. Those who contribute between December 1 and December 16 will be listed on a program insert, distributed at the dinner. All sponsors contributing through December 31 will be added to the electronic version of the program, which will serve throughout 2013 as NEC’s key marketing document. The program, including all sponsors, will also be displayed prominently on NEC’s website throughout 2013. Our goal is to remind as many people as possible of our sponsors’ generosity.
Levels of Sponsorship: NEC is offering four levels of sponsorship, and the level of sponsorship will be indicated in the program. Contribution amounts are:
· Platinum: $1,000
· Gold: $500
· Silver: $250
· Bronze: $125
You can become a sponsor by clicking on the Register button and choose the level of sponsorship that you wish. If you have any questions, contact NEC President Bob Graboyes at email@example.com or 202-314-2063. Revenues from sponsorships will help NEC defray the costs of the dinner and to build an even more ambitious 2013 program. NEC is a 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Organization, and our Tax Exempt number for tax deductions is 23-7008711. Sponsorship contribution is separate from ticket purchase for the actual event.
2012 Annual Dinner Events will include:
· Edmund S. Phelps, winner of the 2006 Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Science, will give the first annual NEC Herbert Stein Memorial Lecture. Phelps’s talk will address Sources of Economic Dynamism. The Stein lecture honors Herb Stein, NEC’s founding president and Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under two U.S. presidents.
· Ben Stein, economist (and actor/author/lawyer) will speak on My Father, Herbert Stein.
· Glen Hodgson, Senior Vice President and Chief Economist of the Conference Board of Canada, will speak on the Canadian economy.
· Gary Doer, Canada’s Ambassador to the U.S. will welcome us, if his schedule permits.
· A bagpiper will greet attendees, recalling that modern economics began in Scotland with Adam Smith.
· A harpist will provide music while we enjoy cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in the Embassy’s magnificent rooftop Niagara Room.
· Dinner will take place in the Canada Room.
The Dinner Program: Attendees will receive a professionally designed and printed program. This document will be used extensively in 2013 to market NEC and will include biographies of Edmund Phelps, Herb Stein, Ben Stein, and Glen Hodgson; a description of the Embassy of Canada; a list of the 44 presidents of NEC, starting with Herb Stein in 1968; the roster of 2012 and 2013 NEC officers and board members; a history of NEC; and a list of the fifty-or-so 2012 NEC events.